Daycare, boarding, and grooming for dogs in Lexington, KY
*** Please note that the new daycare client wait list is 8 months or longer. We are currently at capacity and working to expand our daycare facilities.*** Wait list sign up is here –> Sign up form
In order for your dog to attend Dogtown, he/she must be interviewed to ensure that aggression, shyness, or fear won’t be a problem.
Interviews are only scheduled weekdays. We do not schedule interviews on weekends. Please work with your dog on these things so he/she is ready for the interview: name recognition/recall, sit, stay.
There is a $50 non refundable fee for socialization interviews. You will need to pay for your interview slot in advance at the time it is scheduled.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Socialization begins in puppyhood. Dogtown offers large group play and lots of cage free time for your pup to play, hang out, nap, and get loved on by Dogtown Humans. We are not socialization magicians. We look for the best in each pup, but if your young or adult pup is having big problems with other dogs at home or at the dog park then they will probably have those same big problems at daycare and ultimately Dogtown won’t be a good fit for them. Please be vigilant about your representation of you dog.
– Dogs over 6 months old must be spayed or neutered
– Heartworm preventative is required YEAR ROUND
– Flea and tick preventative is required during the warm months
– All dogs must have current vaccinations for Rabies, Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, H3N2 Canine Influenza, and Bordetella
– Negative Fecal Test report within 6 months of the interview
– Please make sure your dog knows and comes when his/her name is called! Basic commands are a plus (sit, down, stay)
Please bring a copy of your dog’s shot records, or have your vet
email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Passing the interview will only allow your dog to enroll in daycare. New dogs must be enrolled at least two month with a minimum of 8 daycare visits prior to boarding.
Please fill out the application ahead of time.
Dogtown Dog Application